We’re all experiencing an unusual time with the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak developing throughout the United States and in our communities. Like you, the safety and well-being of our employees and their families, our customers, and our colleagues are of utmost priority.
Across the company, we have taken preventative measures to stay prepared
Below are the precautions and practices Egan has implemented over the last week to “slow the spread”:
- Mobilizing a Task Force team that is meeting daily to closely monitor the situation, quickly implement safe working environment strategies as outlined by public health agencies, and continuing to develop our prevention, preparedness, and response plans
- Encouraging all Egan employees to self-monitor daily for symptoms that could be associated with viral respiratory infections (fever, cough, shortness of breath) before coming into work
- Enacting key CDC guidance, including social distancing, hygiene measures, and minimizing large social gatherings
- Leveraging technology and various communication avenues to keep employees informed of changing expectations and updated tactical plans
- Implementing screening protocol (cruise or recent travel, known exposure, symptoms)
- Limiting all non-essential in-person meetings and placing restrictions on visitations
- Encouraging remote work wherever viable
Asking for your support by following similar precautions
To ensure the safety of everyone on the job, Egan is asking all customers, partners, subcontractors, vendors/suppliers to also follow similar protocols. This includes:
- Adherence to CDC and MDH guidance
- Maintaining ongoing communication and informing Egan of any anticipated project changes or supply chain interruptions
- Screening all visitors prior to visiting or working at any Egan site, shop, or office
We are also committed to doing our part to limit the spread of COVID-19 and maintain a healthy workforce
At this time, Egan is not experiencing (and does not anticipate) delays in responding to customer needs. We will continue to uphold our commitment to providing responsive, high-quality, skilled trades services to keep our customers’ facilities and their systems operationally sound. We will also continue to serve our customers’ construction and fabrication needs, while implementing necessary precautions on jobsites to monitor and maintain the health of our workforce.
Our thoughts are with anyone who may be affected by the coronavirus. As the situation evolves, we will work alongside you as we all manage through this unique challenge together.
Useful information and resources