The Grunerud-Egan Scholarship will award two deserving students enrolled in post-secondary education in the Fall of 2023 with a $1,000 scholarship. Founded upon three generations of support and encouragement of higher education, this scholarship intends to instill the importance of education by helping others pursue their career aspirations. This scholarship is funded by the Dane Grunerud family (Egan Senior Project Manager) with a match from Egan Company. If you’re passionate about learning and interested in a career path that includes construction, engineering, trades work or related fields, this is the scholarship that may be fitting for you!
Scholarship applications for the 2023-2024 school year are now open.
Eligibility and award considerations
- Open to Egan employees and their children or grandchildren who are or will be enrolled in a post-secondary education program in the Fall of 2023, including university, technical college, or trade school
- Pursuing construction, engineering, skilled trades or related fields
- Financial need
- Community involvement and/or involvement in extracurricular activities
- Academic performance
- Complete the online application
- Submit a short essay (200-500 words) and/or short video (1-3 minutes) describing why you should be considered for this scholarship (essays and/or video submissions should be submitted to Rebecca Rust at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Applications must be received by June 14, 2023
- Scholarship will be awarded by June 29, 2023