Our Number One Priority
Safety first, safety always. At Egan, safety is part of our culture. We’ve made an ongoing and aggressive commitment to provide all employees with comprehensive training and support to ensure our jobsites stay safe. Every project includes a detailed, site specific plan for employee and contractor safety which allows our safety standards to remain at a high level. We follow a ZERO INJURY safety philosophy and strongly believe no employee should ever be injured on the job.
Award winning safety program
Every Egan employee goes through our intensive safety training program. This training ensures standard policies and practices are in place for the start of your project. Our safety motto, “Safety Brings You Home” is the primary focus of our program and represents our commitment to 100% safety at your jobsite.
Below are some highlights of Egan’s Safety Program:
- Our Incident Rate is substantially less than the average in Minnesota.
- We have a corporate Safety Sponsorship program—The Board of Directors / senior leaders conduct at least one safety audit of a jobsite each month.
- The Egan Safety Committee meets quarterly and reviews OSHA 300 logs, OSHA activity and employee suggestions. It is comprised of field employees from various construction and project groups.
- We have several 100% requirements and safety rules for all field employees while on a jobsite – including wearing gloves, hardhats, and eye protection at all times.
- Our top-rated safety program results in lower insurance cost that can be passed on to Egan customers. In fact, Egan has been named one of America’s Safest Companies.
- Every day, each Field Leader and his or her crew meets and completes a daily safety plan on your jobsite or in our shops.
- In 2015, we partnered with Minnesota Occupational Health to develop a soft tissue injury prevention program. This Active Stretching Program is required daily on every jobsite and aims to improve range of motion, balance, and posture, increase heart rate, blood circulation, nutrients to muscles, and reduce the risk of soft tissue injuries.
- Each new job requires a Site Safety Plan to assess risk and set up safety precautions throughout every working phase of the project.
- Egan requires that all workers complete OSHA 10, preferably OSHA 30, and safety training for those operating specific equipment or working on specific jobsites.
Bottom-line: safety is part of the Egan promise.
CONTACT: Reid Romer, Safety Director // firstname.lastname@example.org // 763.591.5583
Working with Mike [Glazier Field Leader] has been a great pleasure. I’ve been very impressed with him, as well as the rest of Egan’s crew regarding safety, general performance, and overall professionalism. Mike recognized a potential hazard regarding overhead work over another trade, voiced his concern, and stepped up to make the situation safer.
- Doran Construction | Superintendent
Egan's team continues to make going home safe their first priority. This commitment is demonstrated in completing solid PSI’s on a daily basis, proactively identifying and addressing hazards, and always sharing ideas and suggestions that contribute to the well-being of the jobsite. The value of working safely is consistently demonstrated by Egan and embodies PCL’s goal of zero incidents. Thank you!
- PCL Construction (Grand Casino Hinckley & Mille Lacs) | Site Supervisor, PCL Construction
Egan has brought many mechanical and electrical solutions to the Owner at all phases of the project, including suggested grease interceptor piping routes, water feature plumbing, and recommended rework to existing and new electrical panels for tenant requirements.
- Kraus-Anderson (Galleria) | David Kray, Kraus-Anderson Senior Project Manager
America's Safest Company Award
Recognized as one of America’s Safest Companies, Egan demands safety at every turn. We invest significant resources into employee training and jobsite safety.