The U.S. solar industry continues to grow and Egan Company has found a front-row seat to this action, with business increasing over the last few years. Whether you’re like Sheryl Crow and looking to “Soak Up The Sun”, businesses are taking advantage of this natural resource through solar panels.
Businesses looking to reduce their environmental impact, save money, and/or improve their energy independence should consider investing in solar power.
THE SHIFT TO SOLAR ENERGY
The world continues to shift toward renewable energy, and one of the most promising sources is solar power. Solar energy is clean, renewable, and abundant. In recent years, many large solar projects have been completed around the U.S., and they continue to be developed at a rapid pace in our local markets.
This uptick in renewables is often attributed to solar energy becoming more efficient and affordable to harness. Similarly, panels can be placed anywhere the sun shines. Commercial solar energy systems can be installed as a ground mount system or a rooftop system; they can range in size from small systems that power a single office to large installations utilized by power companies for residential and commercial customers. All of these systems generate electricity from sunlight, which is captured by photovoltaic cells in the solar panels.
Why commercial and industrial facilities are investing in solar:
- Cost savings: Installing solar can help businesses save money on their energy bills by generating their own electricity and reducing their reliance on the grid. Over time, the savings from reduced energy bills can help businesses recoup the system’s cost.
- Environmental benefits: By using solar power, businesses can reduce their carbon footprint and contribute to a cleaner environment. This can also help improve their public image and reputation, which can be beneficial for attracting customers and employees who value sustainability.
- Energy independence: Solar allows businesses to generate their own electricity, reducing their dependence on traditional energy sources. This can help insulate them from rising energy costs and power outages.
- Long-term investment: Solar has a long lifespan and requires minimal maintenance, making them a reliable and cost-effective long-term investment for businesses.
- Incentives and tax credits: Thanks to a pro-renewables U.S. government administration and increased concern over climate change, many incentives and tax credits are available to businesses that invest in solar power, making it even more cost-effective and attractive.
For nearly 15 years, Egan has continued to support solar projects providing for a cleaner and more sustainable future. From solar farms to rooftop unit installations, 160+ MW of power have been produced from these sites.
More recently, the Egan team has embarked on its biggest solar project yet: Hoot Lake Solar >