What Are The Benefits of Prefabrication?
July 20, 2021
Streamlining your project by utilizing prefabrication capabilities has a number of advantages. By bringing the work that is traditionally done on site into a safer, controlled environment, neither weather conditions nor jobsite considerations can halt the project progression – keeping your project timeline on track.
- Controlled space – work is done in a safe environment
- Increased quality of product; QA/QC of prefabricated assemblies is done in the shop
- Reduced crew on the jobsite (less occupied parking, break space, tools, less hiring and orientation, etc.)
- Reduced deliveries and storage required on-site – prefabricated systems are shipped when needed
- Reduction of wasted materials
- Easier trade coordination with reduced task durations
- Lower overall total cost of installation
- Constructability issues identified sooner
- Work is simplified and standardized
Egan Company provides prefabrication with a multi-trade in-house advantage. Prefabrication projects are completed within our local facilities with access to the necessary resources on-demand. These shops are prime examples of our investment in process improvement – through preconstruction planning, our CAD system/virtual construction feeds directly into our fabrication equipment, improving quality and saving time and cost in a controlled environment.
Fabrication services and capabilities include: