April is National Volunteer Month
April 20, 2023
Who we are as a company is far more than just what we do at the jobsite. One unique part of Egan Company’s mission is our commitment to enhancing the communities that we live and work in. By volunteering with a variety of organizations that our team members are passionate about, we’ve been able to cultivate rewarding volunteer opportunities for our employees and community.
In honor of National Volunteer Month, we’ve asked a few of our people why they volunteer and here’s what we heard:
- Tony Lawrence, Electrician: “I volunteer to pay it forward to show people that kindness is still around, for people that are in need of something I can help with.”
- Jason Leeds, Plumber: “I volunteer because it is my way of giving back to my trade and the younger generation.”
- Ross Noak, Senior Vice President: “I volunteer as a way to give back to groups and communities that may need a little extra help. It brings me joy knowing these gestures may make all the difference in someone’s life at the time they need it the most.”
- Chad Reickard, Senior Controls Engineer: “I volunteer because I know what it’s like to struggle through trials in life and how it feels when no one understands what you are going through. I hope that my small act of kindness can somewhat reduce the pain or struggle that someone else is going through and make their day brighter.”
- Megan Ring, HR Generalist: “The biggest reason I volunteer is I find purpose in being able to help and give back to others in need & hopefully make a positive impact on their day or life. Being able to volunteer and make a difference in someone’s life not only helps them, but brings joy and a sense of meaning to my own life.”
- Jason Rosati, Vice President: “I have had so many great opportunities in my life because someone took the time to volunteer, it is my way of paying back.”
- Brett Schaber, Support Operations Manager: “I volunteer because I love being able to give back to the communities that we live and work in. Many people’s personal lives may not allow them the time to volunteer after hours. It’s a great feeling being a part of a company that sees value in the time and effort it takes to volunteer.”
A few of the organizations we’ve volunteered within the last year include: Fishing for Life, Second Harvest Heartland, Bikes4Kids, and Flags for Fort Snelling.
Working together, we can make an impact on our community and beyond!