An Inside Look at Egan’s Recent Summer Internship Experience
August 25, 2022
Developing the next generation of the workforce
Ever wondered what a summer looks like as part of Egan’s internship experience? We’re peeling back the curtain to give you an inside look at all that our interns did this summer. Back in full swing this year after two years of remote work, we welcomed 11 interns this summer.
Bridging the company, interns worked on projects within Egan’s Service, Industrial Controls, IT, HR, and Southern Minnesota teams. Within their teams, interns were mentored by coworkers, completed projects, participated in meetings, and were integrated into the flow of operations.
A few events hosted for our intern group included:
- Kick-Off Breakfast: Interns were welcomed by our leadership team and provided with an overview of all things Egan.
- Coffee and Career Conversations: Egan’s Senior Leaders provided their best tips and advice for entering the workforce as a professional.
- Jobsite Ride Along: All of the interns spent a half day visiting different job sites, learning about Egan’s culture of safety while seeing our business in action.
- Resume Workshop: Members of the Human Resources team reviewed the interns’ resumes and provided them with their expertise on setting yourself apart in an ever-active job market.
- Capstone Presentations: At the completion of the program, all interns were able to deliver a presentation sharing their experience and takeaways from being an intern.
Always a bonus to the accomplishments and skills built with the Egan internship experience is new bonds and friendships made. Programmer Intern Jorge Mancilla, stated “My biggest takeaway from interning at Egan was how important it is to build meaningful connections with the people around you. Learning the actual job isn’t too hard when you have experienced professionals mentoring and guiding you whenever you have questions.”
Interested in pursuing an internship with Egan? Visit https://www.eganco.com/careers/ to watch for any openings!