WSU – Education Village
EDUCATION MINI CAMPUS COMES TO LIFE AT WSU
Winona State University Education Village
Electrical systems, security, fire alarm, voice/data, fiber optics
Leo A Daly
Completed in May 2019
SPECIALTIES FEATURED WITH THIS PROJECT:
Electrical // Technology
- Education Village, across the street from the campus of Winona State University, is a fully remodeled, state-of-the-art learning and teaching space made up of three existing buildings (known as Cathedral School, Wabasha Recreation Center, and Wabasha Hall).
- Egan's Southern Minnesota team was utilized for a portion of Phase 2 on this project which included the construction of one of the three buildings, Wabasha Hall.
- Within Wabasha Hall, Egan provided the complete electrical system which included a new 1600 amp service with 30+ sub panels, a fire alarm system, security system, and voice/data.
- Across all three of the renovated buildings, the team provided the fiber optics interconnect and site lighting. This scope included parking lot, street, and sidewalk lighting, as well as lighting throughout the central green space between the buildings.
- This transformed, 100,000 square foot “mini campus” created 18 dedicated learning spaces and will benefit over 2,000 students and faculty within the College of Education at WSU.