University of Minnesota
- Athletes Village
INTERCLAD ADDS ITS EXPERTISE TO NEW U OF M ATHLETIC COMPLEX
University of Minnesota - Athletes Village
Education, Sports & Entertainment
Curtainwall // Curtainwall Skyway Bridge // Prefabrication // Glass/Glazing // Electrochromic Glass // Translucent Panels
Birdsafe glass was used at selected elevations. // Project was completed in early 2018.
SPECIALTIES FEATURED WITH THIS PROJECT:
- Part of a $190M revitalization to the University of Minnesota’s athletic facilities, Egan’s InterClad team provided both interior and exterior glazing for the pristine, student-athlete space.
- The new facilities, titled “Athletes Village”, utilized Egan to bring functional, aesthetic value to its Center for Excellence and Football Development Center which is comprised of two buildings (performance center and indoor practice facility), and a connecting skyway.
- Sage glass, Oldcastle glass, and EFCO curtainwall were used on the exterior of all three buildings and skyway. In addition, translucent panels were installed on the indoor practice facility.
- Approximately 50,000 square feet of curtainwall systems and glass were installed on this project.
- The indoor scope at Athletes Village included: glass handrails, sliding glass doors (by Hufcor), glass walls, hollow metal and wood door glazing, digitally printed ceramic frit glass, back-painted glass, acrylic resin panels, and glass shower doors.
- All curtainwall was prefabricated in InterClad’s Fabrication Shop.