University of Minnesota – Poultry Testing Laboratory
FIGHTING AVIAN FLU THROUGH RESEARCH
University of Minnesota - Poultry Testing Laboratory
Science & Lab
Plumbing // Piping // HVAC
University of Minnesota
Board of Animal Health
Completed September 2016
SPECIALTIES FEATURED WITH THIS PROJECT:
- The University of Minnesota, the Board of Animal Health, and lawmakers, undertook the $8.5 million dollar facility remodel and expansion to prevent potential future outbreaks of highly pathogenic avian influenza.
- Egan Company provided plumbing, piping, and HVAC services for the building's research labs and office space.
- Egan installed natural gas piping, RO piping, RO skids, vacuum pumps and lines, roof hydrants, and stainless steel exhaust ductwork.
- The building has three rooftop units - one dedicated to labs and one to the office space. The third unit is a heat recovery unit that recovers heat from exhaust, preheating incoming air for the lab space using hydronic piping to ensure the lab exhaust is not re-introduced into the ventilation air.
- The lab and office rooftop units have DX cooling and gas heat, with hot water reheat coils in the 25 VAV boxes fed by two 399 MBH hot water boilers.