NE MINNEAPOLIS WELCOMES HIGH-RISE LUXURY APARTMENT
Mixed-use, high rise, multi-family housing
Electrical, Building Technology Integration
Completed August 2020
SPECIALTIES FEATURED WITH THIS PROJECT:
Complete electrical services and building technology
- The Expo is a 25-story luxury, nearly 780,000 square foot, high-rise apartment tower in the vibrant Northeast neighborhood in Minneapolis.
- The building consists of 199 tower units, 158 low rise units, 12 townhome units, two entertainment suites, a pool and amenity deck, rooftop dog park, 100 EV charging stations within the parking garage, a putting green, and future retail space on the ground level.
- In a Design/Build role, Egan completed the complete electrical scope of work for this project.
- Egan's Technology team installed a state-of-the-art fire alarm with voice evacuation system throughout the facility.
- Additionally, Egan's technology team installed over 40 doors with card access and security, 76 security cameras, voice and data infrastructure throughout the offices and common areas, residential network cabling, and an Area of Refuge Two-Way intercom system with 46 endpoints.
- A total of 604 bedrooms, 604 bike stalls, and 523 parking stalls are also part of The Expo.
- Named after the Industrial Exposition Hall that stood nearby the now-built tower until the 1940s, the completion of The Expo is the first phase in redeveloping the three-block, 8.7 acre area.
- Additional low-rise buildings will add 600 rental units and ground-floor retail space to the neighborhood.