COLLABORATION IN BUILDING NEW ROCHESTER APARTMENT TOWER
Mixed-use, high rise, multi-family housing
Mechanical, Electrical, Building Automation Systems Controls
ESG Architecture & Design
Completed July 2020 // First completed residential apartment in the Saint Marys Place sub-district of Destination Medical Center
SPECIALTIES FEATURED WITH THIS PROJECT:
Complete mechanical and electrical services and building automation controls
- The Berkman is a newly constructed, mixed-use apartment building located across from Mayo Clinic’s world-renowned Saint Marys Hospital within the developing Gateway District of Downtown Rochester, Minn.
- The 14-story building includes 24,000 square feet of retail space, four levels of parking, an amenity deck, 350 apartments, and six multi-story townhomes on the street level.
- In a Design/Build role, Egan provided both the mechanical and electrical system scopes on this project, plus building automation controls.
- Egan's mechanical team installed a variable flow refrigerant system with vertical and horizontal fancoil units, make-up air units with duct work distribution, a ducted exhaust system to fans on the roof, and a snow melt system.
- Additional plumbing systems installed include a boosted hot and cold water system, complete roof drainage system with overflow, and a complete waste and vent system.
- Egan utilized in-house fabrication capabilities for the installation of electrical wiring and load centers within each apartment unit.
- A fifth-floor rooftop dog park and spa, a penthouse-level club room, a fitness center, and work-from-home suites are also available for residents of The Berkman.
- The Berkman is part of Destination Medical Center (DMC), the largest public-private partnership in Minnesota history, and is the first building constructed to transform the 2nd Street Corridor into a “Live-Work-Play” district.