OHLAHOMA SAND DRYING PLANT CALLS ON EGAN'S CONTROLS EXPERTISE
Industrial + Manufacturing
Power and control design and engineering, modular control and power buildings, sand and gravel manufacturing process
Completed February 2019. // Egan completed this project within a tight window despite bad weather, challenging site conditions, and other delays.
SPECIALTIES FEATURED WITH THIS PROJECT:
Industrial Controls // Electrical // Millwrights // Prefabrication // U.L. 508A Panel Shop // Modular Controls System
- Tarmac International is a global manufacturer of drying systems for the sand/rock/aggregate industry. As part of a large expansion project, Tarmac utilized Egan’s electrical and controls expertise at a major sand drying plant in Stonewall, OK.
- Egan Control Engineers developed the new operation sequence with Tarmac and its end customer. Then, Egan designed the control system panels, programmed the PLC, and developed the HMI to run the system.
- Egan's team designed and installed power and controls into two modular control buildings at an Egan facility. The buildings house the controls and power for the upgraded sand drying plant.
- The two modular control buildings included a 2500 amp 480 volt service, three 800 amp MCC’s and two large VFD’s. Each modular building also contains a PLC panel and remote IO panel built in Egan’s U.L. 508A Panel Shop.
- The buildings were fully built and tested at Egan’s facility before being shipped to Oklahoma. Egan subcontracted an Oklahoma NECA electrical contractor to provide the field installation to the new plant. Egan’s team provided design and direction to the contractor.
- Additionally, Egan worked with the local contractor to do final testing and start-up of the new sand drying plant.