MODERNIZING LOCAL MANUFACTURER’S CONTROLS
Columbia Heights, Minn.
Fabricating new I/O modules beforehand allowed field electricians to easily snap and connect the new I/O wiring to the existing panels, saving time in the field. // The upgrade to Rockwell Studio 5000 V34 along with FactoryTalk View ME V12 brought the hardware/software up four decades.
SPECIALTIES FEATURED WITH THIS PROJECT:
Process Control System Integration / Industrial Controls
- A local manufacturer received a PLC upgrade by Egan Company’s Industrial Controls team.
- The system included a blower that pushes out dry products to mixer kettles.
- Replacement doors for the enclosures were designed and cut in Egan’s UL 508A Panel Shop. The shop also created new wiring bundles that were preconnected to the new PLC I/O modules.
- Engineering services including controls and CAD were completed in-house.
- Scope of work also included removing all old PLC equipment and the replacement of enclosure doors and wiring for the new door equipment to the existing terminals inside the panel.
- The engineering team loaded the new HMI programs and new PLC programs onto the system. HMI screens were customized on-site to meet customer needs.