MAKING ROOM FOR FUTURE EXPANSION POSES UNIQUE UTILITY CHALLENGE
Mayo Clinic Richard O. Jacobson Building
UPS Systems // Electrical Distribution // Switchgear & Panels
SPECIALTIES FEATURED WITH THIS PROJECT:
- Part of the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., the 235,000-square-foot Richard O. Jacobson building includes CT Scan, MRI, and Proton Beam treatment rooms and 30 examination rooms.
- Because the building was designed to allow for a future expansion of up to 17 stories, Egan faced unique challenges when it came to installation of electrical utilities.
- Installation included electrical service from two sources to minimize any disruption to patient treatment.
- In addition, Egan provided electrical distribution, five double-ended unit substations, an emergency switchboard, UPS, and transfer switches.
- It is the only Proton Beam Facility in the country that allows the beam to be manipulated into different patterns depending on cancer size and type.