APPLYING EXPERTISE AND EFFICIENCY TO ILLUME
Maple Grove, Minnesota
Industrial + Manufacturing
Electrical Systems, Electrical Installation, Process Controls, Building Automation System
Snow Kreilich Architects
Completed in March 2019
SPECIALTIES FEATURED WITH THIS PROJECT:
Electrical // Industrial Controls // Building Automation
- Popular designer and manufacturer of candles, Illume, consolidated its operations into a newly constructed facility in Maple Grove, Minn.
- This 280,000+ square foot space combines Illume’s corporate offices, manufacturing facilities, and warehouses.
- Electrical, controls/system integration, and building automation scopes were completed on this project.
- The electrical scope included the power and lighting for the tenant build-out. The team also added the main service, warehouse lights, and lighting controls to the existing shell.
- Industrial Controls provided the process automation engineering and electrical installation for the wax filling and mixing portion of the production lines. This included six Egan designed and built control panels, PLC software engineering, HMI touchscreen engineering, and electrical installation for all motors and process instruments.
- Egan's Building Automation team worked with the Design-Build Engineering and Contracting teams to provide and install a comprehensive Building Automation System for production, warehouse, clean room applications, as well as office spaces. The team designed the control systems for the RTUs, exhaust fans, VAV boxes, building pressure controls, and also integrated with a few pieces of process control equipment.
- Some efficiencies utilized on the Illume project included: SIMpull reels were used to reduce labor when pulling feeders, Graybar SmartStock inventory management system, pre-programmed controls and graphics, and electrical components fabricated in Egan’s shop.
- Egan's shop fabricated the warehouse light fixtures with MC whips, mounting racks for transformers, electrical boxes, and rough-ins. It also staged and shipped all fixtures as needed.