Hennepin County Medical Examiner’s (HCME)
ADVANCING SCIENCE AT NEW MEDICAL EXAMINER’S FACILITY
Hennepin County Medical Examiner’s (HCME) New Construction
Leo A Daly
Project completed in November 2021. // The new facility is state-of-the-art, energy efficient, and ergonomic in ways only known to the staff and project team. //
SPECIALTIES FEATURED WITH THIS PROJECT:
- Egan's team completed a mechanical build out on the Hennepin County Medical Examiner’s building. Here, the new facility will allow staff to investigate around 10,000 deaths.
- Systems included plumbing drain/waste/vent, underground, and above ground along with Lab Waste, Non-Potable and Potable Water Systems.
- For the autopsy tables, complicated drain/waste/vent systems were installed with water supply lines running underground.
- In order to keep air from leaving the autopsy wing of the building and entering the office space, duct systems were installed with precision air valves.
- To serve and exhaust spaces, large lab exhaust fans and systems with large air handling units were installed.