MAJOR DATA CENTER RELOCATES TO DOWNTOWN ST. PAUL
St. Paul, MN
Cooling and Exhaust Systems // Hydronic Piping Systems // Rooftop Dry Coolers // BIM Modeling // Prefabrication
HGA Architects and Engineers
Completed 2011 // Egan performed in a Design/Assist and Design/Build role for this multi-phase project
SPECIALTIES FEATURED WITH THIS PROJECT:
Mechanical // Fabrication
- Agribank relocated its headquarters to the tallest building in Downtown St. Paul – Wells Fargo Place. The new location included a new data center and a complete renovation of four floors of office space.
- Working with HGA, Egan provided Design/Assist services for the construction of the new data center.
- The data center received computer room cooling units with associated ductwork, hydronic piping systems, and rooftop dry coolers. A dedicated emergency generator with associated cooling and exhaust systems was also installed in the data center.
- BIM modeling/coordination and prefabrication was utilized extensively to minimize on-site schedule duration and impacts to other building tenants.
- The renovation of the office space was a tenant build-out, and Egan performed in a Design/Build role.
- All work was completed within a full-operational high rise office building, requiring proactive planning and communication with building operations and tenants.