POWERING ALL YOUR PROJECTS SINCE 1960
Your electrical project, whether it is a commercial retrofit or an industrial electrical installation, is in expert hands with over 400 highly trained, knowledgeable electricians at Egan Company. No matter the scale or complexity of your job, we design, fabricate, and execute systems with safety always first. Since 1960, general contractors, building owners, governing bodies, architects, and engineers have trusted Egan to deliver more powerful results for nearly every infrastructure discipline—and 95% of our projects are located in Minnesota.
Whether your project requires small-scale solutions or more comprehensive systems, Egan has you covered. Our full service electrical department offers every possible solution you might need—no matter the time of day.
- Power distribution
- Lighting design, installation, and maintenance
- Equipment power and control connections
- Generator and UPS systems
- Solar energy installation and systems
- Building and system grounding systems
- Transient voltage suppression systems
- Fire alarm, security and access control, audio/visual, voice/data systems
- Lightning protection
- Arc flash analysis
- High voltage services
- Power shades
- Load studies and power quality analysis
- Fiber optic splicing and testing
- U.L. 580A control panels
- 24/7 service and maintenance
Contact: Bret Young, Vice President // BYoung@eganco.com // 763.504.3457
When you start your project with Egan, we quickly provide you a range of cost-effective, integrated design solutions to meet your unique goals. Once a decision has been made, we’ll fast track your designs into the construction phase—always with a safety plan in place—to get your project underway as soon as possible.
- Design/Build and Design/Assist capabilities
- Complete mechanical and systems coordination
- Early conceptual estimates
- Construction planning and scheduling
- LEED Accredited
- Schematic design assistance
- Constructability review and feedback
- Fully integrated BIM Database (Estimating, Modeling, Purchasing, Fabrication, Installation)
Contact: Ron Oelrich, Preconstruction Manager // RPOelrich@eganco.com // 763.591.5566
We save you time and resources by having your electrical systems mapped out virtually before they are built in our shops and field. This information model drives efficiencies in our shop fabrication and field installation as well as helps us procure all electrical materials to provide more cost-effective, efficient solutions.
- Building Information Modeling (BIM)
- Coordinated field installation and shop fabrication drawings (CAD/BIM/3D/Revit)
- In-house technologies: Trimble Total Station, PlanGrid
- As-built drawings
No matter how small or large your outdoor electrical needs might be, Egan provides a full range of offerings.
- Intelligent traffic systems, freeway monitoring systems, changeable message signs, and ramp meters
- Roadway lighting installation and maintenance
- Traffic signal installation and maintenance
- Parking lot system controls and lighting maintenance
- Tunnel electrical systems
- Utility work, trenching, auguring, and plowing
- Trenching, plowing, base drilling, and pole setting
- Crane services
- Airport construction, airfield lighting, duct banks, FAA installations, and maintenance
Contact: Brad Drews, Vice President // BRDrews@eganco.com // 763.591.5535
Founded in 1973, with decades of experience and the backing of Egan Company, Kestner Electric offers electrical construction, low voltage technology installation, UL 508A control panel construction, and electrical maintenance services. From small-scale business repairs to multi-million dollar expansions, Kestner continues to deliver excellence to its customers in Austin and the surrounding area. Kestner Electric has built its business on reputation, relationships, and a commitment to helping wide-ranging customers achieve their unique objectives.
Central Corridor Light Rail Transit
The 11-mile Central Corridor Light Rail (CCLRT) or Metro Transit Green Line links Downtown Minneapolis to Downtown St. Paul. Having provided all electrical work on the Hiawatha Light Rail project running from Target Field to the Mall of America, Egan also provided the electrical systems for the Green Line. Egan provided electrical service, cable pulling, installing signal control centers, wiring and placing light fixtures in the line’s station stops, and bringing traffic lights into service.View Featured Projects